Breaking Down the Top 10 Myths About Studying Abroad
In today’s globalized world, it is common for people to explore work opportunities beyond their own country. However, obtaining a work visa can be a daunting task, especially in countries like the US and Canada, which receive an overwhelming number of applications. Additionally, most countries require an offer letter before granting a work visa. But did you know that there are a few countries that allow individuals to look for a job even without an offer letter? Let’s take a closer look at some of these countries and their visa requirements.
Germany offers a job seeker visa that allows individuals to reside in the country for six months and look for a job. If you secure employment within this period, you will be provided with a German work visa.
To be eligible for this visa, you need to have
- Five years of experience
- Financial resources to support your stay
- Proof of completed academic or vocational training.
- You also need to hold a degree recognized in Germany.
It is worth noting that this visa is not available to individuals from EU/EEA countries, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Israel, Japan, Canada, and the USA.
Apart from the completed visa application form, you also need to submit proof of accommodation, financial support, academic degree, and health insurance, along with a valid passport and its copy, two passport-sized photos, and your resume and cover letter. The fee for a job seeker visa for Indians is €75 or ₹6,351.50, and the minimum bank balance required is €5,682 or ₹4.8 lakh or 2852188 NGN.
Portugal launched its job seeker visa in June 2022. This visa allows you to remain in the country and look for a job for a period of 120 days (four months), which is renewable for another 60 days (two months) and allows only one entry into Portugal. If you fail to secure a job within this period, you must leave the country. However, you can reapply for a new visa application for this purpose only one year after the expiry of the previous visa's validity.
To be eligible for this visa, you need
- a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Apart from a completed visa application form
- Passport valid for three months after the estimated date of return and its copy
- Two passport-sized photos
- Proof of no criminal record and financial resources
- Valid travel insurance, and a return ticket.
The visa fee is €90 or ₹8,062 or 45252 NGN.
The UAE offers a job seeker visa with a validity of either 60, 90, or 120 days (two, three, or four months). This visa allows you to search for new job opportunities without a sponsor from the UAE, but only for one trip.
To be eligible for this visa, you need to hold a
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent
- Proof of a financial guarantee
- Additionally, you should have graduated from one of the best 500 universities in the world according to the classification approved by the UAE Ministry of Education within the last two years of applying
- Alternatively, you can be at the first, second, or third skill level as per the UAE Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) professional levels of jobs.
The visa fee for different categories of the UAE job seeker visa is Dh 1,495 or ₹33,484 or for the 60-day visa, Dh 1,655 or ₹37,067 for the 90-day visa, and Dh 1,815 or ₹40,615 for the 120-day visa. You need to submit a colored photo, a copy of your passport, and an attested qualification certificate to apply for the visa.
Austria offers a job seeker visa for six months, but only to individuals who are recognized as "very highly qualified workers" by the country.
These individuals must
- Score at least 70 points based on specific criteria such as qualifications, work experience, language skills, age, and study experience in Austria.
- In addition to the documents supporting these criteria, applicants must submit a valid passport,
- A recent photo (with dimensions of 45x35mm)
- Proof of accommodation, health insurance, and financial resources.
The fee for a job seeker visa is €150 or ₹13,426.
ProU can help you in your journey of moving to a foreign country by providing valuable resources and guidance. Our platform specializes in helping students access and prepare for higher education opportunities both in Nigeria and abroad, and remote internship training. We also offer language courses that can help you learn the local language of your desired country. With PROU, you can confidently navigate the challenges of moving abroad and make the most of your life-changing experience.